Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default (OT) Must I allow political calls on my phone?

On Sep 11, 12:45*pm, wrote:
My landline phone is on the "Do Not Call" (DNC) list. *That has stopped
most of the phone spam. *However, I know that the DNC list does not
block political calls. *With election time getting close, I'm getting
more of these. *I dont want them. *Particularly those that want my
opinion about candidates. *This annoys me to no end.

1. I hate politics, and want no part of any of it. *It's bad enough
seeing all the TV commercials that make every candidate look bad. *I
wont vote for any *major party* candidate for any reason.

Your emphasis on "major party" implies that you will vote for a minor
party candidate. If that's true, then you do indeed want some part of
politics.

You can't have it both ways.

2. My choice of candidate is no one's business except my own, and I
refuse to tell anyone other than family members who I choose.

Yet you just told all of us who you would *not* vote for, so you have
indeed made it somebody else's business.

You can't have it both ways.