Posted to alt.home.repair
Hell Toupee[_4_] Hell Toupee[_4_] is offline

Default (OT) Must I allow political calls on my phone?

On 9/11/2012 11:44 AM, wrote:
My landline phone is on the "Do Not Call" (DNC) list. That has stopped
most of the phone spam. However, I know that the DNC list does not
block political calls. With election time getting close, I'm getting
more of these. I dont want them. Particularly those that want my
opinion about candidates. This annoys me to no end.

At least we only get the political calls during campaign season. We
get the home remodelers/new roof/new windows/new kitchen phone calls
ALL THE TIME.
All small local companies perfectly willing to violate the DNC in
hopes of finding some business.

After a hailstorm last year, we had roofing company salespeople all
over the neighborhood badgering people to let them go up on their
roofs to look for hail damage. I had to practically order one of them
off my property. He was bound and determined to set up his ladder and
get on my roof, 'cause he was so convinced he knew better than me.