Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus9479 Ignoramus9479 is offline

Default language: The missing engineering skill

On 2012-09-11, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
I noticed this one in an explosives chemistry forum (speaking of charcoal
types):

"... 18v dewalt saw-zaw ..."

A society in which the members cannot communicate any technical
information in detail cannot prosper.

For some, this lack of literacy is an opportunity. Just check ebay
with all those misspelled items. Recently, I bought a "PANTARGRAPH
SET" for $50, resold for $150 as a "PANTOGRAPH SET". Steve B always
likes to buy "Vice Grips", last I heard.;

I do agree with you, though, it is sad to see so many people who
cannot spell properly.