Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alan Braggins Alan Braggins is offline

Default Wiring conventions

In article , John Rumm wrote:
On 11/09/2012 16:29, Thomas wrote:

The fan I fitted requires 4 connections: neutral, permanent live, and two
switched lives. I bought myself a length of 4 core cable of the required

Sounds like your bought one wire too few...

If it really doesn't need an earth (double insulated), and he can find four
core in blue, brown, grey and black, that should be enough.

Its very bad practice to re-purpose a green/yellow CPC in a cable/flex.

While not disagreeing with you, I notice that Googling for "For green and
yellow conductors in multicore cables, overmarking in another colour at
terminations is permitted. This is prohibited for single core green-and-yellow
conductors." has a few hits.

http://www.simptech-solutions.com/eb...egulations.pdf