Posted to alt.home.repair
James Gagney James Gagney is offline

Default How does one drill a hole in a guardrail anyway?

On Mon, 10 Sep 2012 11:19:34 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I sharpen with a bench grinder, and the correct wrist twist.
Some folks say "Drill Doctor" does a good job.

I can't imagine any sharpening service being a good value (compared to
the inexpensive price of the titanium bits I bought for $10 for a set of
about 50 bits).

However, believe it or not, I 'do' know how to sharpen drill bits as I
worked in a machine shop during my college years summers (decades ago).

So, for the $100 that a bench grinder costs, I 'should' just buy it (but
funds are low at the moment).

Anyway, I'll be fine (as I have 50 brand new bits!) ... but thanks for
the kind offer to help.