Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Macy[_2_] Robert Macy[_2_] is offline

Default Meth Lab Cleanup

On Sep 8, 5:37*am, Norminn wrote:
I've been looking at homes for sale and came upon one that is condemned
because it was used as a meth lab. *The little research I've done shows
that there are certified contractors who can inspect and correct the
conditions to make a structure habitable. *Anyone have experience with
this? *What chemicals remain in the structure, how to be sure it is
safe, etc? *The house needs work, just from observation, but looks like
a good candidate for rehab.

Is there a residual odor? I've asked around [sheriff's dept,
incarcerated individuals, neighbors, etc] and no one will either
confirm, nor deny that a meth lab stinks and you can smell it in the
neighborhood.

I ask, because several times at night I've smelled a strange smell
lingering in the air and am VERY concerned.