Frank Ketchum

Default A jointer saga part III: the end

"jo4hn" wrote in message
ink.net...

have verified that
the jointer was most likely made in 1971. The machine has had a much
longer life than expected, which is wonderful.

I think this says it all. 30 years is much longer than a craftsman tool is
supposed to live and it amazes the service department when they hear of such
a wonder. I can't believe that they would say that, but then again...
I am curious just exactly how long they expect their major tools to last
under normal use. 15 years, 10 years, 5 years, warranty period plus one
day?

Frank