Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Meth Lab Cleanup

On Sat, 08 Sep 2012 18:25:43 -0400, Norminn
wrote:

On 9/8/2012 4:28 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 08 Sep 2012 14:50:11 -0400, Norminn
wrote:

Considering the community where this home is located, I have my doubts
that the lab existed on the property for very long.

I'm curious. How did you find out this house was a former meth lab?

Was it through real estate records, attached to the tile? For example
some locations require "water damage" and / or "mold" remediation's to
be recorded for future disclosure to a potential buyer.

Signs plastered on the front door: condemned, date, by co. health dept.
The sign has a checklist for the reasons for condemnation. I didn't
read all of the signs, as there were three others. May go back, just
out of curiosity. Will probably call PD or a town official whom I know
personally and who probably knows details.

I looked at the tax record, and taxes are up-to-date.

Good idea. I'd ask if an arrest was made and if it turned out to be
the owner of the house. If not, will the owner tell you in advance the
reasons for condemnation (full disclosure). Test his honesty...