Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon[_3_] Grimly Curmudgeon[_3_] is offline

Default More on electric cars.

On Sun, 09 Sep 2012 00:06:44 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
And if someone offered you an unused (and I don't mean dry-charged) LA
battery that was four years old would you pay any money for it?
I wouldn't.

If it had not been allowed to go flat at any point, I'd buy it - at the
right price. Obviously not full price since that would be pointless.

I would pay nothing and only pay something once it'd been proven under
load for a while. Even then I'd only pay a fiver.