Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default How does one drill a hole in a guardrail anyway?

On Fri, 7 Sep 2012 20:47:18 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03
wrote:

micky wrote:
On Thu, 6 Sep 2012 13:04:14 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

Except for the rubbernecking delay that will be caused by the
accident.

I think you're taking this too seriously. Clue: I don't really
consider the median a free-fire zone.

Clue: I didn't think you did. I'm just chatting.

Okay. :-) I'm easy to fool.

I take my peek but then I accelerate a lot tand catch up with the guy
in front of me, minuse the apprropriate non-tailgating amount.

Minuse? Can't figure out what you meant there.

Oops: Minus. I just meant. If he's going 30 by the time I catch
up with him, I stay back the rrecommended distance when following
someone going 30. . Although usually he did't leave the accident very
fast, and neither does the guy behind me.

I also try to go through left-turn arrows quickly too, and to be
close on the tail of a guy turning left at an arrow, so that I don't
hold back people behind me and they have time to turn on that arrow.
This only matters where there is a lot of traffic.

Besides, the fact that you peek before you accelerate simply means that you
are part of the rubbernecking delay problem. You are holding back everyone
behind you.

I agree, but only about 2 seconds, and I meant that literally -- 2
seconds. . By taking my 2 seconds, i'm not mad at the people ahead
of me who took a lot more. It's good for my blood pressure.

It's a compromise. I've earned my peek, and I only take about 2
seconds. I'm always way ahead of the guy behind me.

How can you be way ahead of the guy behind you in stop and go traffic?

It's not stop and go when we're leaving the peeking zone. In fact
there's less traffic than normal because the cars are piled up behind
us. If it's stop and go in front of us too, I take a longer look,
because being held up by my looking is no worse for others than being
held up by stop-and-go traffic.