Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More on electric cars.

tony sayer wrote:
In article , Andy Cap
scribeth thus
On 07/09/12 18:40, harryagain wrote:
Drove an electric car today.
Uncanny experience but good.
http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/imiev/technology.aspx

... and the batteries last how long and cost what to replace?

Andy C

Well it sez a 93 mile range which I suppose would suit me a lot of the
time but anything else its just that if I say decide or have to go to
London then I must know were there is a charging point or for any other
long journey.

Its a nice idea especially the transmission but until we get that ideal
liquid powered fuel pack it'll have it wait.

Just also thinking here it'd be fine for home charging but there are a
lot of places where when you park it on the street even tho your home is
nearby, still no charging at home for you and then you'd need to rely on
charging elsewhere if you can find a point and don't mind waiting..

Problem is there still not practical for most drivers....

Not as a first car, not as a cheap second car either.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.