Posted to alt.home.repair
DD_BobK DD_BobK is offline

Default Best gas leaf blower

On Sep 5, 8:19*am, George wrote:
On 9/5/2012 2:00 AM, DD_BobK wrote:

On Sep 4, 5:20 pm, "walter" wrote:
My 18 year old Sears leaf blower gave up its ghost. I tried to resuscitate
it by rebuilding the carb, but no joy.

I am looking for an inexpensive gas leaf blower for light duty around my
home.

I was looking at the reviews of some blowers at Walmart, the HD and Amazon,
but they all had rather poor reviews, except the $ 500 Echos. I don't want
to spend more than @ 100.

Any recommendations based on experience? Is it worth looking at any of the
many re-furbished blowers on E-bay?

Thanks

Walter

--www.rationality.net

How about you don't bother the leaves?

I bother them by running over them with the mulching mower at least
where we have grass. There are a few shreds of leaves scattered around
for a few days but I am not in the make your lawn look like a putting
green competition.

And give nearby folks a break on noise & air pollution?

+1

Two stroke engines dump about 30% of their fuel unburned.
Blowers stir up lots of particulates, the good news, operator suffers
the worst.

Or heaven forbid...use a rake?

Thats what I use in some spots to pull them out so I can get them with
the mower.

Sounds like a much more reasonable approach.