Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Denis G.[_2_] Denis G.[_2_] is offline

Default Message from an ebay buyer

On Sep 5, 9:09*am, Ann Romanoski Wright
wrote:
On 9/5/2012 12:50 AM, Gunner wrote:

On Tue, 4 Sep 2012 21:51:22 -0500, "RogerN" wrote:

"Ignoramus29252" *wrote in message

``There is no such voltage as 460 Single Phase. 460 volts is Three Phase''

I guess it depends on your point of view. *I'm not sure if you can get the
power company to connect you with 460 single phase. *You can get 460 single
phase from 460 3 phase, if you have L1, L2, & L3, any 2 of the legs are
single phase. *If you have something that runs 460 single phase, you could
get a transformer to go from 230 to 460. *So there certainly is 460 single
phase, but I'm not sure if the power company provides 460 single phase..

My Miller 330A/BP welder runs off of 230 or 460 single phase. *The plant
where I work has equipment that uses 460 single phase.

RogerN

Ayup. [bull****]

People who say "ayup" are backward cousin-****ing hillbillies. *People
who write it are all that, plus willfully stupid.

Please avoid reading works of Mark Twain. In your case, severe
apoplexy could result.