Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Best gas leaf blower

On Sep 5, 10:38*am, DD_BobK wrote:
On Sep 5, 4:45*am, "Doug" wrote:

On Tue, 4 Sep 2012 23:00:26 -0700 (PDT), DD_BobK
wrote:

On Sep 4, 5:20*pm, "walter" wrote:
My 18 year old Sears leaf blower gave up its ghost. I tried to resuscitate
it by rebuilding the carb, but no joy.

I am looking for an inexpensive gas leaf blower for light duty around my
home.

I was looking at the reviews of some blowers at Walmart, the HD and Amazon,
but they all had rather poor reviews, except the $ 500 Echos. I don't want
to spend more than @ 100.

Any recommendations based on experience? Is it worth looking at any of the
many re-furbished blowers on E-bay?

Thanks

Walter

--www.rationality.net

How about you don't bother the leaves?
And give nearby folks a break on noise & air pollution?

Two stroke engines dump about 30% of their fuel unburned.
Blowers stir up lots of particulates, the good news, operator suffers
the worst.

Or heaven forbid...use a rake?

Rake... *think blisters and bandaides. *BTDT and it's no joy
especially with packed down leaves from all winter.

You're hands must be too soft or perhaps you haven't discovered
gloves.
So it's ok to blow unburned hydrocarbons & dust around?

btw..if oyu rake in the fall, they won't pack down during the winter.- Hide quoted text -

I don't know where you live, but we often get snow before all the
leaves are down.

In addition, you can't make the neighbors rake their's and there is
often "blow over" that occurs mid-winter that doesn't get cleaned up
until spring.

At least that's what happens in my neck of the woods.