Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Best gas leaf blower

On Tue, 4 Sep 2012 17:20:16 -0700, "walter"
wrote:

My 18 year old Sears leaf blower gave up its ghost. I tried to resuscitate
it by rebuilding the carb, but no joy.

I am looking for an inexpensive gas leaf blower for light duty around my
home.

I was looking at the reviews of some blowers at Walmart, the HD and Amazon,
but they all had rather poor reviews, except the $ 500 Echos. I don't want
to spend more than @ 100.

Any recommendations based on experience? Is it worth looking at any of the
many re-furbished blowers on E-bay?

Thanks

Walter

Have you considered an electric blower?

This one will blow rocks around in my yard:

http://www.amazon.com/Toro-51609-Variable-Speed-Electric-Impeller/dp/B007POATV4

Toro Ultra 3-in-1 blower, vacuum, and leaf shredder makes completing
yard work fun and easy

Move a substantial volume of leaves and debris with ease with air
speeds up to 235 mph and air volume up to 390 cfm

Variable speed motor for better control; rugged metal impeller creates
a fine mulch

Quick-Release Latch lets you convert your blower into a vacuum in
seconds without tools

Comes with power unit, blower tubes, vacuum tubes, and vacuum bag;
2-year warranty

$69.97 @ Amazon