Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ann Romanoski Wright Ann Romanoski Wright is offline

Default Message from an ebay buyer

On 9/5/2012 12:50 AM, Gunner wrote:
On Tue, 4 Sep 2012 21:51:22 -0500, "RogerN" wrote:

"Ignoramus29252" wrote in message

``There is no such voltage as 460 Single Phase. 460 volts is Three Phase''

I guess it depends on your point of view. I'm not sure if you can get the
power company to connect you with 460 single phase. You can get 460 single
phase from 460 3 phase, if you have L1, L2, & L3, any 2 of the legs are
single phase. If you have something that runs 460 single phase, you could
get a transformer to go from 230 to 460. So there certainly is 460 single
phase, but I'm not sure if the power company provides 460 single phase.

My Miller 330A/BP welder runs off of 230 or 460 single phase. The plant
where I work has equipment that uses 460 single phase.

RogerN

Ayup. [bull****]

People who say "ayup" are backward cousin-****ing hillbillies. People
who write it are all that, plus willfully stupid.