Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Message from an ebay buyer

On Tue, 04 Sep 2012 21:01:07 -0500, Ignoramus29252
wrote:

``There is no such voltage as 460 Single Phase. 460 volts is Three Phase''

Iggy-that statement is absolutely true. I know because I checked it
out. At 459 volts power only comes out of one wire. At 460 volts power
comes out of three wires. And then at 461 volts power only comes out
of one wire again. I looked at the wires and I could see the power
coming out of the wires. And you don't even need to look at all three
wires because single phase voltage is orange and three phase voltage
voltage is blue. Interestingly though is the fact that single phase
current is green and three phase current is yellow. I wonder why the
current isn't the same color as the voltage. Anyway, if you look at
the wires at the right angle you can see both colors at once. I forgot
to say that the colors only apply to AC voltage and current. DC
voltage and current are invisible. But that's OK because DC is so
noisy.
Airick