Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Best gas leaf blower

On Sep 4, 8:42*pm, Dean Hoffman "
wrote:
On 9/4/12 7:20 PM, walter wrote:

My 18 year old Sears leaf blower gave up its ghost. I tried to
resuscitate it by rebuilding the carb, but no joy.

I am looking for an inexpensive gas leaf blower for light duty around my
home.

I was looking at the reviews of some blowers at Walmart, the HD and
Amazon, but they all had rather poor reviews, except the $ 500 Echos. I
don't want to spend more than @ 100.

Any recommendations based on experience? Is it worth looking at any of
the many re-furbished blowers on E-bay?

Thanks

Walter

* * *Consumer Reports has a Weed Eater VS2000BV as a Best Buy.
100 bucks on the nose. *Poulan Pro *BVM200VS is $110.
Craftsman 79470 is $125. * All 3 score 70 points on the CR scale.
Top rated is the Echo PB-250. *It scores 80 points and the price listed
is $170.

I really like my 5hp craftsman shop vac which also acts as a leaf
blower......

the shop vac just plugs in conveniently around my yard