Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default [OT] Low Tech Data Mining?

On 3 Sep 2012 21:45:01 GMT, Winston wrote:

On Sun, 02 Sep 2012 22:54:37 -0700, pyotr filipivich wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" on Sun, 02 Sep 2012
20:20:20 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

(...)

So pick, 'Pet's name' and put an old girlfreind's name. Or pick
'Town you were born in' and use the name of an old freind.

Or pick something you can remember.

Recent (big, well-known) website had only two 'security'
questions and no way to enter 'custom' questions.

The questions we

"What was the name of your best childhood friend?"

How am I supposed to pick a favorite among that crowd?
Tomorrow afternoon will I be more kindly disposed to
Catherine or Jody?

That's an easy one. Your single most horrible experience in childhood
revolves around one person. Use that person as your key.
Rex was the bully I stood up to in high school.

"What is the name of your first born child?"

ISY not. A little presumptuous, aren't we?

That's an easy one, too. Use you first pet's name.
They're children, too, aren't they? (That's why I don't believe in
pet ownership.)

Just bend their rules a bit and remember what you used, eh?
Keep a list of passwords and security answers in your safe, JIC.

--
The most powerful factors in the world are clear
ideas in the minds of energetic men of good will.