Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] newtonline@gmail.com is offline

Default Wall fixings advice sought

On Monday, September 3, 2012 1:00:48 PM UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,

wrote:

Sorry - that suggestion slipped my mind when I was replying.

Will take a look, thank you. Looks like my only concern will be getting

one of those long enough while still being narrow enough to fit through

the bracket mounting holes. The M6 70mm might just be OK...

Only the bolt needs to fit the fixing holes. And you could likely enlarge

those if needed. They tend to come with bolts or studs and nuts - but you

can use longer ones if needed. I've got some M4 ones here which I use for

rads.

Thanks! (See, this is why I was in Homebase - it's easier to make sure the bolts actually fit, something I can't easily do in places like Screwstation!)

Will deffo give this type a go I think once I've found one of the right dimensions. Would rather not try to enlarge the bracket hole if I can help it - just one more thing for me to **** up!

I realise they cost more per fixing, but a small price compared to the

cost of your expensive speakers falling off the wall taking chunks of

plaster with them.

Absolutely - after all the rewiring/plastering/decoration costs, a few quid on fixings (even at Homebase prices!) really is neither here nor there.

Thanks!