Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Is it worth insalling a sattelite dish for freeview channels?

In article ,
JakeD wrote:
I have a non FreeSat satellite receiver with a dish rotator and can
receive many thousands of channels.

Wow - that sounds like the setup I'd like.

Not expensive to do. My receiver came from Lidl as part of a kit, and I
later added a larger dish with rotator. Total cost just over 100 quid.
Later still I changed the receiver to an HD one.

If you have people staying from some other countries it can be very useful
to give them their 'home' progs - but I soon got bored with it. There's
lots and lots of dross out there. ;-)

But there are some movie channels you'll not get on FreeView. And one or
two other interesting things. If you love religion, you'll be in heaven.
;-)

--
*A fool and his money are soon partying *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.