Posted to uk.d-i-y
JakeD[_5_] JakeD[_5_] is offline

Default Is it worth insalling a sattelite dish for freeview channels?

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in
:

Do you actually mean FreeView or just free to view?

Probably the latter, in retrospect (apologies)..

I have a non FreeSat satellite receiver with a dish rotator and can
receive many thousands of channels.

Wow - that sounds like the setup I'd like.

Are you in an area where the full compliment of FreeView progs ain't
available? And never will be?

Not sure about that. It does look as though I don;t have line-of sight to
any transmitter, but I guess the same applies to a large percentage of UK
houses...

J PS: I want to say how grateful I am to everyone for the input on this
topic. I've always liked this NG, but the generous feedback in this thread
has been truly heart-warming. Long live the UK, and power to the people!!