Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Broadband Speed Test

Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Liquorice wrote:

Look on the bright side, the BBC are planning on shutting some MW Tx's
down soon...

I thought that had already happened for the few stations involved, none
of which are affecting my ADSL.

Brian mentioned they were still transmitting a loop of "retune to FM"
messages.

I get zero bits for the bin at 276KHz, thanks to talk sport, and only 2
bits for the bin at 375kHZ, which is surprising as Leicester is a fair
way from Scotland.

No dips for either of the R5L frequencies, which is surprising, might be
a different story at night.

My best bin is at 47kHz with 9 bits, with mainly 7 or 8 bits per bin up
to 439kHz, then it tails-off smoothly to 2 bits at 685kHz, no bins used
beyond there.

Pretty sure when I hard a router that showed these, I was getting stuff
up above a Mhz.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.