Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More powerful tubular latch needed

On Mon, 3 Sep 2012 08:40:23 +0100, Tim Lamb wrote:

Too good for tenants! first grade pine, with virtually no knots, all
jointed and supplied with 50mm thick door lining and door stop - £277
each but that was negotiated over a bulk lot of 15

Hmm.. that's the sort of price I am finding without the door linings.

50mm linings? Seems a bit OTT.

Our new 4 panel interior clear pine doors are engineered rather than
solid. Pine veneer on the stiles and rails so no knots. Well made, good
finish. I think they were less than £100 each, just the door.

The joiners supplied 'em so don't know the actual price or source (might
have been Hewdens). From what I remember they are of eastern european
manufacture.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/allsorts-60/6424216903

Doesn't really do them justice.

--