Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default Is it worth insalling a sattelite dish for freeview channels?

"John Williamson" wrote in message
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 2 Sep 2012 11:34:06 -0700 (PDT), sm_jamieson wrote:

If you get free-to-air without the Freeview packaging, you miss out on a
good EPG but will pull in various extras and a lot of junk !

s/Freeview/Freesat/ ?

I think all Freesat boxes offer an "Other Satellite" menu where you can
access a few extra channels (Sky News for example) that don't appear in
the Freesat EPG and also are worth the effort. There are a number of
foreign langauage/country channels as well.

I've found that if you forget to tell my Bush Freesat box the postcode,
you can get all sorts of strange "local" stations.

I just pretended that I (still) lived in London.

I can't be doing with local news about farmer Joe's cow

tim