Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] newtonline@gmail.com is offline

Default Wall fixings advice sought

On Monday, September 3, 2012 10:42:21 AM UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,

Dave Newt wrote:

...but if it's from Homebase, they'll be at least four times what you

ought to be paying, from Toolstation or Screwfix.

Yes indeed - I just wanted to know if that was even an appropriate

fixing for the job? It was just a more helpful photo than the one on the

screwfix site.

I've already said fixings of the Rawlbolt type are best as they expand

more than any wall plug/screw. They are more expensive - but you tend to

get what you pay for. They are also good in that you can remove the

fitting easily for re-decoration, etc.

Sorry - that suggestion slipped my mind when I was replying.

Will take a look, thank you. Looks like my only concern will be getting one of those long enough while still being narrow enough to fit through the bracket mounting holes. The M6 70mm might just be OK...