Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default [OT] Low Tech Data Mining?

On Sun, 02 Sep 2012 06:05:30 -0700, Larry Jaques wrote:

On 2 Sep 2012 05:10:30 GMT, Winston wrote:

On Sat, 01 Sep 2012 21:40:51 -0700, Larry Jaques wrote:

(...)

I scrap metal stuff myself. It fills the gas tank, wot? But only scrap
hits the scrap yard. Broken machines I sell, if I haven't fixed them
myself. That's easier on both me and the machine, KWIM,V?

My garage is where Machines Go To Die.
If I can't resurrect, I'm blessed with many many lovely parts.
I rarely sell and only then at a stunning loss.

However I Freecycle religiously.

He's probably OK, but you might want to leave a note out there for him
to come see you before he gets the goodies. Verify he's who he says
he is and why he needs the info.

Um. No thankyouverymuch.

Wuss!

I represent that remark.

titter Make friends with the scrapper (or scrap feeder) and he
might find things you need when you need 'em. Or, if you see that he's
a seedy character, stop him on the way to the house and say "Never
mind."

I think I have sufficient evidence of seediness.
I'm not talking 'honest seedy' here.

(...)

Whenever I feel that a company, whatever, wants too much info, I give
them some fabricated info. Joe Bleau, 123 Main St. Anytown, USA. It
lets the drone off the hook and keeps my anonymity. If you must know,
Facebook doesn't have my real birthday and places other than my banks
don't have my mother's real maiden name. It makes it that much harder
for thieves to steal my identity.

I suppose.

It's a little harder when my recycle goods are clearly in my driveway
at 123 Catscratch Court and the paperwork attached says they came from
5622 Itchy Way, nes pas?

--Winston