Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_7_] Gunner[_7_] is offline

Default [OT] Low Tech Data Mining?

On 1 Sep 2012 20:28:33 GMT, Winston wrote:

Occasionally, I get a folded paper sheet in a plastic bag weighted
by a few stones on my driveway. Often the text offers to allow me
to give up my major appliances, computers and car parts for
recycling. The most recent instructions say to leave the items on
the front of the property before 8:00 AM on 9/3.
The company name, phone number and various license numbers
on the sheet do not appear to be the slightest bit valid as per
Google.

They always require me to fill in my full name, phone number, address
and signature on their return paperwork, explaining that this info
is required by my state.

Call me paranoid (please, I pay!) but this smells very fishy.

Clearly, there are enough people that actually fill out this paperwork
to make it worthwhile to "Lorenzo" of "Green Hauling".

What is in it for him?

Your helpful clues, reactions or political libel please?

Thanks!

--Winston

You are lucky. I get cryptic notes, sealed tiny little bags filled
with pea gravel and once....5 unexposed 35mm film cartridges long
expired...all with cryptic notations to hide them from the
Government!!

Im nice to one of the local paranoid-skitz ladies who occasionally
wanders the neighborhood, and when I see her, offer her water in her
walkabouts in a full length winter duster, backpack filled with canned
goods and bits of this and that. So Ive become one of her secret
conspirators.

Nice lady...but loony as a Leftwinger

Gunner

--
The essential differences between liberals and conservtives
is that liberals could not exist without conservtives to defend

Conservatives on the other hand, can exist and
live quite well without liberals."