Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default How does one drill a hole in a guardrail anyway?

On Sun, 2 Sep 2012 15:08:17 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

And, in area with no electric. Something fishy, here.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"willshak" wrote in message
See picture he
http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/...mg/9153893.jpg

What would you use to drill a hole suitable for mounting a garbage can
where there is no electricity available?

No one has asked yet, so I will.
Why a garbage can attached to a guardrail?

Nothing fishy. I figure he lives on a road with a ditch and a
guardrail to keep cars from going in tthe ditch. a guardrail right
next to the driveable shoulder. And he has to take the garbage to the
foot of the long driveway to have it picked up, and the wind, maybe
wind from passing semis, blows the can over and/or into the ditch if
it's not secured in some way.

Although it's not his property , unless a hole is going to get a lot
bigger becasue the tin layer has been breeched, I don't have a probem
with him drilling one hole. OTOH, he could use two 1-inch C-clamps
to hold each end of a bungee cord and hold a garbage can of any shape
and size in place. I myself would put them on the bottom of the
rail so they ddid't look bad from the road, although I'm sure the view
from the road is not perfection anyhow. .