Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How does one drill a hole in a guardrail anyway?

On Sun, 2 Sep 2012 08:03:17 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Dunno about the jackets. I havn't researched that. Sounded good. You may be
right about the steel thickness. Calls for some testing.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"Tegger" wrote in message
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

Some country folks would use a .22 rimfire rifle, from about 50 feet,
to make the initial hole. 40 grain jacketed solid.

Who makes a jacketed .22 rimfire bullet?

I suppose you mean FMJ (JHP is "jacketed, too";-).

In any case, be careful how you ask a question:
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=4...NITION#skugrid

I think a .22 would probably not make it through steel that thick; I think
you'd need a centerfire bullet to do it.

It would probably make a mess of the reverse side, too.