Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Danniken[_7_] Jon Danniken[_7_] is offline

Default [OT] Low Tech Data Mining?

On 09/01/2012 09:40 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

He's -probably- being 20-questioned by the salvage yard who has legal
ramifications for taking in anonymous scrap in. I've had to sign my
name/addy in the sales slip when scrapping.

He's probably OK, but you might want to leave a note out there for him
to come see you before he gets the goodies. Verify he's who he says
he is and why he needs the info.

OR, if you're devious and use your enemy's name and address...

They passed a law here in Oregon requiring anyone hauling scrap metal to
have a permit in hand for the scrap metal. Basically, if you don't fill
out a permit, you are in violation of the law.

" SB 570 created a new crime for “Unlawfully Transporting Metal
Property” if a person transports metal property on a public highway or
on premises open to the public with the intent to deliver the metal
property to a scrap metal business and the person does not have a metal
transportation certificate in their possession. “Unlawfully
Transporting Metal Property” is a Class C misdemeanor. "

http://cms.oregon.gov/osp/pages/meta...rtificate.aspx

I'm guessing OP is in a state with similar regulations.

Jon