Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default How does one drill a hole in a guardrail anyway?

On Sun, 2 Sep 2012 11:51:29 -0500, "Atila Iskander"
wrote:

"micky" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 02 Sep 2012 00:06:19 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Sun, 2 Sep 2012 01:41:43 +0000 (UTC), James Gagney
wrote:

Today I tried drilling a hole in the guardrail - but the drill bit
wouldn't make a dent.

See picture he
http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/...mg/9153893.jpg

What would you use to drill a hole suitable for mounting a garbage can
where there is no electricity available?

I'd use a good quality bit and some oil. Even a spray of WD-40 works.
A guy at work was having a similar problem drilling a hole in metal.
He brought the bit to the maintenance supervisor and had is sharpened.
Still would not drill right and he kidded the guy about his poor
sharpening skills.

The supervisor then went over, picked up his drill and changed it from
reverse to forward.

My friend gave me a little chain saw left behind at the ministorage
she runs. It didn't cut. I'm glad I checked the chain. On
backwards. Maybe that's why t hey left it behind.

I got one of those too
$170 saw for $10
Even funnier, there was a embossed picture next to the chain guard on how
the chain links should look if properly installed.

LOL.....LOL some more.