Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Is it worth insalling a sattelite dish for freeview channels?

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 2 Sep 2012 11:34:06 -0700 (PDT), sm_jamieson wrote:

If you get free-to-air without the Freeview packaging, you miss out on
a good EPG but will pull in various extras and a lot of junk !

s/Freeview/Freesat/ ?

I think all Freesat boxes offer an "Other Satellite" menu where you can
access a few extra channels (Sky News for example) that don't appear in
the Freesat EPG and also are worth the effort. There are a number of
foreign langauage/country channels as well.

I've found that if you forget to tell my Bush Freesat box the postcode,
you can get all sorts of strange "local" stations.

The "Other Satellites" option might be useful if ICBA to find out how to
work it.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.