Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian Jackson[_2_] Ian Jackson[_2_] is offline

Default Is it worth insalling a sattelite dish for freeview channels?

In message , JakeD
writes
Martin Brown wrote in
:

I'd say Freesat probably it was worth it for the £30 cost of the dish
even if terrestrial DTV works the MPEG bitrate is higher on satellite.

Thanks to all for the replies. My neighbour gets freeview channels via his
regular TV arial. However, the picture often starts breaking up on certain
channels, particularly in the late evening. On some days he finds it
difficult to access any channels at all except for BBC News and the
Parliament channel. Would I experience the same problems using a dish and a
freesat box?

I you had said "could" instead of "would", the answer is "yes".
Otherwise, the answer is "maybe, or maybe not".

There must be a reason why your neighbour is having problems with his
Freeview. It's almost certain that the reason is that he is feeding a
poor signal to the TV set - but there could be several reasons for this.
Unless you and he live in an exceptionally bad area for TV reception,
it's almost certain that his problem can be cured. The fact that he has
Freeview problems is, in itself, no reason to make you decide to go for
satellite reception.
--
Ian