Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Is it worth insalling a sattelite dish for freeview channels?

JakeD wrote:
Martin Brown wrote in
:

I'd say Freesat probably it was worth it for the £30 cost of the dish
even if terrestrial DTV works the MPEG bitrate is higher on satellite.

Thanks to all for the replies. My neighbour gets freeview channels via his
regular TV arial. However, the picture often starts breaking up on certain
channels, particularly in the late evening. On some days he finds it
difficult to access any channels at all except for BBC News and the
Parliament channel. Would I experience the same problems using a dish and a
freesat box?

No, but if the system isn't set up correctly, then you may suffer
problems in rain and snow.

You also need to be sure there are no trees in the line of sight between
the dish and the satellite.

However, if your neighbour had the correct aerial, correctly aimed, for
his Freeview installation, he wouldn't get the problem either. On
switchover, some aerials had to be replaced, as they were either out of
spec. or needed to be changed as the channel group had changed.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.