Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default More powerful tubular latch needed

On Sep 2, 2:41*pm, "Andrew Mawson"
wrote:
I have a problem with door handles! We've changed 15 doors in a total house
refurb, and the chosen door handles (lever type) don't have springs to
return to horizontal and the tubular latch hasn't the guts to do the job.
the latches fitted are :

http://www.screwfix.com/p/tubular-la...kel-63mm/22822

The handles are a forged pseudo antique ones *as the doors are framed ledged
and braced, and the plate that screws to the door has no depth to fit a
spring. I've dismantled one of the latches, and although it is only a
compression spring, it squashes to a very short length by being a double
cone so a stronger replacement would have to be custom made. SO : are there
more powerfully sprung tubular latches available????

AWEM

EEvery tubular lock I've seen needed handles with a spring.