Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Is it worth insalling a sattelite dish for freeview channels?

JakeD presented the following explanation :
Hi all,

I've recently moved to a new area that doesn't have cable. So I'm wondering
if, by installing a satellite dish, would I be able to receive more
freeview channels than I could receive via a regular arial? (That is, to
say, without paying the likes of Sky TV a subscription...)

Very much so, hundreds of channels all free to air[1] and on the same
satellite as Sky, but a considerable number of them are rubbish. It
might be worth your while getting an HD receiver, there are F to A HD
channels. FreeSat is the same system, but working to a restricted
spec..

[1] Free to air, rather than Freeview, which the digital via your
antenna.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)