Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How does one drill a hole in a guardrail anyway?

Dunno about the jackets. I havn't researched that. Sounded good. You may be
right about the steel thickness. Calls for some testing.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Tegger" wrote in message
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

Some country folks would use a .22 rimfire rifle, from about 50 feet,
to make the initial hole. 40 grain jacketed solid.

Who makes a jacketed .22 rimfire bullet?

I think a .22 would probably not make it through steel that thick; I think
you'd need a centerfire bullet to do it.

--
Tegger