Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default [OT] Low Tech Data Mining?

Occasionally, I get a folded paper sheet in a plastic bag weighted
by a few stones on my driveway. Often the text offers to allow me
to give up my major appliances, computers and car parts for
recycling. The most recent instructions say to leave the items on
the front of the property before 8:00 AM on 9/3.
The company name, phone number and various license numbers
on the sheet do not appear to be the slightest bit valid as per
Google.

They always require me to fill in my full name, phone number, address
and signature on their return paperwork, explaining that this info
is required by my state.

Call me paranoid (please, I pay!) but this smells very fishy.

Clearly, there are enough people that actually fill out this paperwork
to make it worthwhile to "Lorenzo" of "Green Hauling".

What is in it for him?

Your helpful clues, reactions or political libel please?

Thanks!

--Winston