Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Electric cars.

In article , Jo Stein
scribeth thus
On 31.08.2012 00:10, tony sayer wrote:
In article , Nightjar
e.here.me.uk scribeth thus
On 30/08/2012 18:50, harry wrote:
On the M5 yesterday near J21 going NE "Welcome Break" they have
installed 2x charging points for electric cars, first I've seen.
Card operated.

My local authority fitted two charging points = four parking bays
in all their multi-story car parks several months ago. I have yet
to see one of them being used.

Colin Bignell

Same here in Cambridge....

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Home...nerate-a-buzz-

12082011.htm

In 2007 Norway consumed 137 TWh of electricity and 135 TWh
came from hydroelectric plants.

I have a CHAdeMO close to my home. It is marked with 500 volt, 120 A
which is 60 kw loading capacity. Maybe the CHAdeMO has a bit less
capacity; still it is an impressive figure.
There I can charge for free. Too bad that I do not have a japanese
electric car.

Dunno there .. if I got one that came with ten years free charging it
might tempt me...

Well just for use around town .. not too far away...

Now Us and EU car manufacturers have invented a new standard for quick
charging in order to stop the japanese expansion.
I do not think they will manage to stop it:
http://chademo.com/indexe.html

--
Tony Sayer