Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Why is electric cord thicker than it used to be, and do they make little switches for thick cord.

micky wrote:
Why is electric cord thicker than it used to be, and do they make
little roller switches for thick cord?

The first question is philosophical and the second is practical.

Lamp cords and fan cords etc. are thicker than they were years ago. I
don't think the copper is thicker but the vinyl is?

I can't say I've noticed any change (not saying there isn't). You are using
standard lamp cord? The stuff with two vinyl/rubber encased wires joined in
the middle? What gauge? Can you use a smaller gauge?

--

dadiOH

Maybe just ready for a change? Check it out...
http://www.floridaloghouse.net