Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] kfvorwerk@gmail.com is offline

Default belt sander tape?

On Thursday, August 30, 2012 3:26:32 PM UTC-10, Mouse wrote:
I want to make some belts for my 1" belt sander. Anyone know what kind

of tape is used to join the ends of the belt together and where to get some?

--

:3 )~

I was using contact cement. now I'm using Super Glue. I read about it on the net. I use any cloth on hand as the tape. I have a problem with the top edge snagging so my future belts are going to be overlapped a bit and be directional. They're one inch. There's nothing wrong with buying them but I have several hundred feet of 1 inch abrasive. I can be up and running again in 5 min if I use the super glue.
Karl