Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adam Funk[_3_] Adam Funk[_3_] is offline

Default Cordless doorbells outdone....

On 2012-08-30, The Medway Handyman wrote:

On 30/08/2012 10:34, Adam Funk wrote:

How many people are inclined to spend the time it takes to dry their
hands thoroughly with those awful machines? You only need to look at
the typical provision of them to see that the installers know they
will go underused (example from my office: 3 toilets, 3 urinals, 4
sinks, 1 hand-drier). And then there's the noise pollution
(especially from the fast Dyson ones). Would you use a hand-drier in
your house?

I was in the cleaning equipment game for 30 years before I became a
handyman, the hand driers v paper towels argument was a regular feature
in the trade press.

The paper manufacturers are huge multi nationals, the hand drier
manufacturers are largely SME's.

The paper guys have two competitors - other paper guys & hand driers.

They compete with each other buy offering free dispensers which only
take their paper, until a 'patent part' paper roll is introduced, then
they change again.

The problem is they can't get into the huge high volume market with
paper towels; shopping malls, airports, motorway service areas - because
of the huge logistics problem - storing paper, replenishing supplies,
removing waste.

So they constantly make the claim that hand driers spread bacteria.

However, if you have just wased your hands in a biocidal soap, there are
no bacteria to be blown about.

Do you have electric hand-driers in your house? Why not, if they're
so great?