Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default ot technology:

zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Thu, 30 Aug 2012 15:44:17 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Bill wrote:
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Thu, 30 Aug 2012 00:00:41 -0400, Bill wrote:

OK, but I don't see the correlation between Rolex and Apple. That you
do, says as much about you than it does those who you
talk about.

I'm not sure. I heard about a 7 year-old today who asked his mom
to buy him an iPad. Do you think he saw *bling*?

Maybe but that just makes my point. *YOU* care about what some
unknown little boy wants.

No, I just happen to be in the coffee room when the said story was
told. You'll have to find someone else to argue with though.

Yes. If it didn't bother you (and it clearly does) that a little
boy wanted an iPad, you wouldn't have brought it up here. You
really need to pay more attention to yourself and your family and
less to what others want.

I think it is noteworthy comment about our society that a 7-year old
asked his mom for an Ipad. I guess it's a sign that there is a lot of
marketing going on.

Perhaps, but I think it is more a reflection of what parents are giving
their kids these days. My own thoughts on that were - why in the hell does
a 7 year old need and iPad? But - that's what parents do for and buy for
their kids these days.

My son used our computer over thirty years ago. I don't see the issue.

That's because you're a troll!