Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Electric cars.

On 30/08/2012 20:37, Nightjar wrote:
On 30/08/2012 18:50, harry wrote:
On the M5 yesterday near J21 going NE "Welcome Break" they have
installed 2x charging points for electric cars, first I've seen. Card
operated.

My local authority fitted two charging points = four parking bays in all
their multi-story car parks several months ago. I have yet to see one of
them being used.

A friend has a G-wiz electric car for commuting to the City (of London).
He gets free parking in the City car park, free charging, and no
congestion charge. The saving in parking and congestion charge is worth
£30 a day = £6-7k a year. It paid for itself in a year or so, taking
into account saved fuel and wear and tear on his grown-up car.