Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default ot technology:

Dave wrote:
On Wed, 29 Aug 2012 17:10:59 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
Sure don't like hearing that I am some sort of phobic, or
that I am somehow a lesser person simply because I do not jump to embrace
all of these new (not so valuable) things. I sometimes wonder what people
actually do look when they make decisions on new technologies.

Yeah, but you've left a whole lot out with that reply. The truth is
that you've been asking questions about Festool products for some time
now. Over and over again, several of us have given our views and
ultimately end up telling you to go find out for yourself. You won't
take that first step.

Here's how I'm seeing you. Please don't be offended.

You're that sorta shy kid in school who has been eyeing some girl who
is in several of his classes. You won't/can't/haven't yet gotten up
the nerve to go and really talk to her. She's nice to look at, is
popular and she laughs a lot. But, she's always surrounded by other
people paying attention to her and that bothers you.

A number of your buddies say she's nice. She's easy to talk to and
that you'd probably like her. But, you still watch her from a distance
all the while asking the occasional surreptitious question about her
but still trying to appear not all that interested.

Go talk to this girl Mike. It might be the start of a great
relationship. All that can happen is that it won't work out. Believe
me, as a former shy kid, a long, long time ago, the wondering and the
failure to act is way more painful than the trying and not succeeding
will ever be.

Gosh, you've drawn my interet. Do you have any pictures of this girl?