Posted to rec.woodworking

Default ot technology:

On Wed, 29 Aug 2012 12:11:59 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Casper wrote:

I understood your point. Merely clarifying mine so as not to offend
anyone. It's easy on the net for conversations to be misunderstood.

I guess my point was more of a question. Do you need compelling
arguments to look at something and experience it for yourself?

Fair question. I guess that the answer is "Yes" - or at least to some
degree. Years ago I would have looked at new stuff with an interest. These
days - not so much. I guess it's part of getting older and settled in.
Today, I guess I need to understand at the very least - a reason for a
change. Part of that may be old folks syndrome. It's what I remember from
my youth, and now find myself embracing. Someone has to tell me why the
newest whizbang is better or different or whatever... than what I am using
now and works for me. You know - when you get old you simply know that all
of these promises have exsited for time eternal, and very few of them have
ever proven themselves out - you just simply know it... because you're
older... and we all know how important that is...

I want to understand what the new technology is going to do for me that isn't
already covered, better. I really don't want to spend $600 on a toy that I
won't use, when that $600 could buy another Festool. ;-)