Posted to rec.woodworking

Default ot technology:

Casper wrote:

I do to some degree as well. My personal philosophy stems from that
old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"... unless ... can it
improve something for me? Is it worth it??

I guess that is my unspoken philosophy as well.

Maybe I just don't perceive as much as 'change'. I look at new tech
when it is shown to me or something I am actively seeking, which is
infrequent. I consider how it may better assist me, cost to me (not
just flat price) and do I ultimately need it.

I'd probably fall nto that same camp. One thing that I know I am not is
that I am not the guy who will embrace something new, simply because it is
something new. Sure don't like hearing that I am some sort of phobic, or
that I am somehow a lesser person simply because I do not jump to embrace
all of these new (not so valuable) things. I sometimes wonder what people
actually do look when they make decisions on new technologies.

My husband has bought me things that I have returned to the store
(yes, I am a weird one and he has been unhappy about it), but if I
don't need it or we're better off with the cash, then I can't justify
keeping it. I guess I am frugal. Then again, I did pass the half a
century mark already. Is that still old? ;-)

Hell No! I passed the half centrury mark a while ago, and am on the brink
of the next decade. I consider half cenury people to be the best.

--

-Mike-