Posted to rec.woodworking
Casper Casper is offline

Default ot technology:

That's just "marketing". It's part of a product. If people don't
"understand your product" it might as well not exist...

You don't hear people explaining that the PCs can do things that their
i-counterparts cannot do because there would be little profit in it.

*bling" is a feature of a product too. People make great sacrifices
for bling because it strokes their self-esteem--not as well as a
Festool could do it, but close! ; ) Bill

I suppose that may be true for others but certainly not for me.
I still don't own a festool.

That is the belief of the common populace. In reality, outside of a few
very specialized markets (mostly ghetto markets), "bling" has no real value.
Now - it you are talking about perceived value, or something like social
value - then I'd agree with you.

I agree, but that's just mho.

But - those are the points I am trying to get past with my questions.
I don't care what no-minds will spend their money on. I'm conducting
a dialog that is more sophisticated than that. To add "bling" crap does
nothing to advance this conversation. Mike

Agreed. No-minds, I like that term. I agree about the conversation.

I walk right past the sequin-coated iphone covers and would run away
from a sequin-covered festool. I saw a derringer once where the grip
was diamonds in lucite. I had one thought ... why?