Posted to rec.woodworking
Casper Casper is offline

Default ot technology:

...It's a matter of finding out what you really need compared to what you *think* you need. Dave

Exactly true and not the same for everyone.

Case in point. After urging from a friend with a new tablet, I bought
a 10" Asus Transformer Prime tablet in February of this year. Realized
after eight weeks that it was a pain for me to carry around and I
wasn't inclined to use it when I had my desktop to use at home. Ended
up selling it for near a 50% loss.

Bummer on the loss.

Now I've got a Samsung SIII superphone and I'm really happy with it.
It does everything I need and more and I don't have any problem
carrying it around.

Glad you're happy with it.

I believe, in a lot of cases, people buy because it's the popular
thing to do. And by my saying so, I understand how and where Jack's
opinion of Festool originates. The only difference is that in this
case, I bought and used something before I dismissed it. Won't be the
first or last time that happens.

I see that with some things, but not with all things. Friends who have
BMWs, Audis and such because it makes a statement. To me, their having
to pay enormous amounts of interest and being in credit hell says
more, but I guess I'm weird that way...

....and I don't own a festool.

The important thing is that I've found what I really needed and do
want.

That's the way it should be.